Your midweek meal menu will be more interesting with homemade peach salsa instead of traditional tomato salsa in the summer. everything only takes 15 minutes to put everything together! It tastes well grilled and pan-seared meats like chicken, pork, or salmon. It also goes well with tortilla chips. Use it as a dip, an appetizer, or, when coupled with protein, as the main meal.
- 3 medium-sized yellow peaches, chopped and pitted
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 chopped sweet red bell pepper 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 3 green onions, cut finely
- 1/2 bunch chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon chile powder
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon more salt to taste
- A word on peaches. They should be completely cleaned to remove any dirt. The peaches don’t need to be peeled. To preserve the skin, carefully chop them.
- Combine sliced peaches, diced pineapple, diced red bell pepper, diced red onion, finely chopped green onions, and fresh cilantro in a sizable mixing dish. Combine by tossing.
- Add chile powder and freshly squeezed lime juice. Combine by tossing. If necessary, taste and add salt and pepper. If desired, boost the amount of chili powder and lime juice.