Instead of the regular buttery sponge cake batter, this recipe uses cinnamon cake batter for an extra burst of flavor. Two diced apples are soaked in the microwave for a few minutes and then mixed with the cut pasta pieces. Pour the mixture into a springform pan or springform pan, then pour a simple sauce of melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon over everything. Pop them in the oven for about 25 minutes and prepare to have your kitchen smelling wonderful
- 2 large apples, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 can Pillsbury Cinnamon Cake
- 1 teaspoon additional cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9-inch cake pan. Place
apples, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 2 minutes, then drain. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut each cinnamon roll into 6 slices and add to the cooled apples.Mix gently until well combined.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar and more cinnamon.
- Pour the butter mixture over the dough and bake in the oven for 25-28 minutes.
- If desired, spread with cinnamon glaze.
For more recipes click here!