- 2 small heads of cabbage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ tablespoon each, salt and pepper
How To Make Baked cabbage steaks
- Preheat the oven to 205°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Remove the stem from each head of cabbage, then cut the cabbage in half. Halve each half again. There should be 4 round cabbage steaks on each head (about ¾ to 1 inch thick). 2 small heads of cabbage
- Transfer the cabbage steaks to the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between them to allow them to cook properly.Gently brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the steaks to the olive oil and season on the opposite side. ½ tablespoon each of salt and salt. Pepper, 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Bake at 205°C for 25-30 minutes. They are ready when the leaves turn brown and the center becomes tender. Remove from oven and serve hot.
- If you cut off too many stems before cutting the “steaks,” the cabbage may fall apart. Make a light cut until the steaks are well cut.
- Add some heat by sprinkling your baked cabbage steaks with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes!
- For a delicious crunch, sprinkle the steaks with a mixture of Parmesan and breadcrumbs before cooking. You can also add some chopped crispy bacon!
- To Store: Once cooled, cabbage steaks can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I do not recommend freezing cabbage steaks.
- Reheat: You can reheat cabbage steaks in the microwave. You can also put them back in the preheated oven at 175°C until they get crispy on the outside and nice and hot.