- 4 large Anaheim or Pasillas peppers
- 2 cups cheese (mixture of Cheddar, Monterey Jack and Cotija cheeses)
Chili Rellano Sauce
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 can diced green peppers
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
Cook the chili rellanos (grill or grill method) and carefully remove the skin. For the filling, halve the chili pepper and open it. Stuff each pepper with the cheese mixture, reserving some for garnish. Turn the chili rellanos over with the filling side down. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Prepare the sauce by combining all the ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the flavors combine. Pour the Rellano sauce over the top, sprinkle with the remaining cheese, and bake for 25 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbling.
For more recipes click here!