- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3 large ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups pecans (chopped)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
How To Make Banana Bread Brownies:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Spray the baking paper with non-stick baking spray. Put aside.
- Place sugar, cream, butter and eggs in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer to combine the ingredients.
- Continue mixing until the ingredients are well combined. Place the mashed bananas and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Mix again until all ingredients are mixed.In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir to combine the ingredients. Add to wet ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Add the chopped pecans.Pour the dough into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the oven at 175 degrees for 20-30 minutes. (Check if the cake is done by inserting a toothpick into the center of the pan. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cookies are done.)
- Once baked, remove from oven.Let cool down.
- Brown Butter:
- Cut a piece of chilled butter.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add the butter and beat often.
- Watch closely until the melted butter begins to foam.
- Check the bottom of the pan regularly for light brown spots.(Check if the melted butter has a nutty smell.) If so….
- Pour the melted butter into a bowl.
How To Make Frosting:
- Add 1 cup of powdered sugar to the bowl. Mix immediately after adding the powdered sugar.
- Continue until you have added all 3 cups of powdered sugar. Make sure all of the powdered sugar is mixed with the melted butter.
- Add milk and vanilla extract.Mix everything together with an electric mixer.
- Spread the icing on the cookies. Spread the frosting so that it covers every corner of the pan, spreading it evenly throughout the brownie.
- After cooling, cut into bars.
For more recipes click here!