These Mexican Beef and Cheese Sanchiladas are a delicious Mexican specialty, a combination of sancho and beef enchilada, topped with enchilada sauce and sprinkled with cheese.
This easy Sancho recipe is a simple ground beef meal that you can prepare in minutes.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. Granulated Onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 2 – 10 oz. cans mild red enchilada sauce
- grated cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas, warmed tortilla chips,serve with sanchiladas
- chopped cilantro and scallions, garnish if desired
- In a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the ground beef with the spices until cooked through and no pink remains (160 to 165 degrees F); Drain off any fat that accumulates as the meat cooks.
- Add a glass of enchilada sauce to the minced meat and continue cooking over medium heat until the sanchilada mixture is completely heated; Remove from heat.
- Place the hot tortilla on the work surface. Place a quarter of the prepared beef mixture in a 2-inch-wide strip down the center of the tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese and lettuce if desired.
- In a small bowl, stir together cream and 1/4 cup red enchilada sauce.Place the prepared sour cream mixture in a sandwich bag and cut off the corner of the bag.
- Squeeze the sour cream mixture through the hole in the corner of the bag onto the beef mixture over the cheese and lettuce, creating two strips of sour cream the length of the beef mixture, or as desired.
- Roll the flour tortilla around the beef filling and place the sanchilada in a greased, shallow, oblong baking dish designed for one person, or form all four sanchiladas by placing them side by side in a larger baking dish.
- If desired, pour enchilada sauce over the sanchiladas and sprinkle with grated cheese. Garnish with chives or coriander.
- Heat the prepared sanchilada in the microwave for a few seconds until very hot. Place the tortilla chips next to the sanchilada and serve immediately.
For more recipes click here!