A super quick and easy seven-ingredient beer batter makes these beer-breaded onion rings so flavorful and crispy. Dive into my six-ingredient lime mayonnaise and you’ll think you have a piece of heaven.
LIME MAYO SAUCE
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice soup
- 2 large sweet onions, rough skin removed, cut into 1/2-inch rounds and separated
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1 1/2 cup beer
- vegetable oil for frying
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, garlic, and lime juice.
- Reserve 1/4 cup flour in a shallow bowl. In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup flour, 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, garlic powder, beaten egg, and 1 cup and 1 1/2 cups beer, depending on desired thickness. It’s a piece of cake.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees. In a deep bowl, dip the onion rings first in the flour and then in the dough.Fry the breaded onion rings in the hot oil until golden brown, about 4 minutes. If working in small batches, place on a rack covered with paper towels.
- Serve hot with mayonnaise and lime sauce
For more recipes click here!