- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or more to taste
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 ounces grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 quart peanut oil for frying or as needed
- 8 packages Spring rolls (7-inch squares)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
How To Make Best Egg Rolls
- In a large bowl, season the meat with ginger and garlic powder; mix until well combined.
- Place the meat in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir until meat is browned and tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Combine cooked meat, cabbage and carrots in a large bowl. mix until the egg filling is well mixed.
- Mix all four ingredients with water in a small bowl until a paste forms.
Heat oil in a large skillet to about 190°C (375°F) or medium heat.
- While the oil is heating, prepare the spring rolls: Place a package of spring rolls on the work surface with one corner facing you like a diamond. Place about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of filling in the center of the wrapper. Fold the bottom corner up and over the filling. Fold the left and right corners toward the center.Remove the roll from you and roll it toward the top corner. Flour some of the dough in this corner to seal the roll.
- Fry the spring rolls in hot oil, turning occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels or a rack.
- Place the spring rolls on a plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
For more recipes Click here!