Southern Fried Chicken: A classic Southern chicken recipe, crispy on the outside and juicy and flavorful on the inside; Infused with herbs and spices and soaked in buttermilk to enhance flavor. A great addition to your chicken recipe collection!
Don’t you believe me? Check out this blog and you will see a number of chicken recipes that are always at the top of my most searched recipes.
Southern Battered Fried Chicken Ingredients:
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour.
1. Whisk egg and milk together in a bowl.
2. In a large plastic bag, combine flour, garlic, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and paprika.
3.Place the chicken in the bag, seal and shake until coated.
4. Dip the flour-breaded chicken into the egg mixture and then into the flour mixture again.
5. Heat oil in a skillet to 365 degrees F.Fry the chicken on all sides in the hot oil.
6. Reduce the heat to medium and let the chicken cook for another half hour until cooked through.
7. Drain on absorbent paper and serve
For more recipes Click here!