A rich, creamy and cheesy broccoli and potato soup recipe that is delicious and nutritious! This healthy soup recipe is a comforting meal, perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 5 cups broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 5 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock ). Broth)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon teaspoon black pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter and heat until melted.
Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add thyme, mustard, salt and pepper and coat with onion mixture.
- Add potatoes, stock and bay leaf and stir until mixture is well combined. (Add enough broth to cover the vegetables as you don’t want the soup to be runny, and you can always add more broth if needed.)
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the broccoli and cook for another 5 minutes until the broccoli is tender and bright green.
- After cooking, remove the bay leaf. Mix with a hand blender or in batches with a hand blender until smooth.
- Add the Parmesan, mix and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
For more recipes click here!