This chicken, broccoli and rice casserole is very easy to make. You can leave out the onion, but it will add more flavor to the dish. It can be made in advance and frozen.
This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole features homemade Campbell’s condensed soup, flavorful rice cooked in chicken broth, and a crispy, buttery Ritz topping. Cook fresh chicken or use a roasting pan!
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 (10.1 oz) cans chicken pieces, drained
- 1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 pound processed cheese
Step 1 – Preheat oven to 175°C.
Step 2 – Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in instant rice, cover and remove from heat. Let rest for 5 minutes.
Step 3 – In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, combine prepared rice, chicken, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, butter, milk, broccoli, onions and melted cheese.
Step 4 – Bake in preheated oven for 30-36 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir halfway through cooking so that the cheese melts evenly. See less
For more recipes click here!