- For garnish:
- 8 to 10 cabbage leaves
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Cheese of your choice
- For the sauce:
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Mix egg and milk in a bowl. Mix the minced meat, salt, pepper, garlic, onion and rice.
- In another bowl, combine tomato sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Mix until well combined.
- Cut deeply at a 45 degree angle to remove the core of the cabbage. Add to boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Use tweezers to remove 8 to 10 leaves.
- Allow the leaves to cool completely.
- Spread the cabbage leaf and scoop out about 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) of the mixture.Roll.
- Pour a layer of sauce onto the bottom of the baking dish. Arrange the cabbage rolls next to each other and pour the remaining sauce over them. Place a lid or a piece of aluminum foil on the pan. Place in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and grate your favorite cheese on top. Serve and enjoy the cabbage rolls.
For more recipes click here!