- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved lengthwise
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sherry wine
- 1 (18 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 6 slices Swiss cheese or Muenster cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- freshly ground black kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and set aside a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Season the chicken generously on both sides with salt and pepper. Dust the chicken with flour and shake off any excess flour.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, brown the chicken on both sides.(You don’t need to cook it completely or it will end up in the oven.) Place the chicken in a baking dish.
- Add the butter to the pan and increase the heat to medium-high. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown.Add the sherry and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Add the soup, mix well and cook until golden brown.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and place the cheese slices on top.
- Cover the baking dish with cling film and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and switch the oven to grill mode.Cook until cheese is golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Reserve 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley and serve. Recognize!
For more recipes click here!