- 8-10 sheets of floured paper (“spring paper”)
- 1 egg (for sealing the rolls)
- 150 grams minced pork
- 150 grams cabbage
- 50 grams soy noodles
- 4 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 25 grams chives
- 1 carrot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 piece of ginger
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 ground sugar
- white pepper powder
- oil for frying.
1. Pre-soak the soy noodles for 30 minutes and also soak the dried shiitake mushrooms for about 15 minutes. Chop the garlic and ginger, chop the cabbage, onion and carrot very finely. Drain and chop the shiitake mushrooms and soy noodles.
2.To prepare the filling, add the vegetable oil to a pan and fry the garlic and ginger over high heat. Once they start to smell good, add the shiitake mushrooms and sauté for another minute. Add the green onion and fry for another minute, reduce the heat and add the minced pork.
3. When the pork is cooked, add the carrots and cabbage as well as the soy noodles and for an Asian flavor add the light soy sauce, sugar and white pepper and fry for about 5 minutes.Transfer to a bowl and let cool completely.
4. For the rolls, lay out some floured paper on a smooth surface and spread the filling on top. Roll inwards, fold ends inwards and continue rolling. Finally seal with an egg.
5. Fry the rolls in plenty of vegetable oil over medium heat, moving them around so that the color is even. This takes about 5 minutes. When they are crispy and golden brown, place them on a grill or on absorbent paper. And they are ready to serve.
For more recipes click here!