Loaded Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars: Chocolate chip cookie bars filled with Reese’s Pieces, peanut butter cups and a layer of creamy peanut butter. The best bars so far!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, blended and smoothed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened (1/2 pound)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup golden brown sugar, tightly packed
- 3 large eggs, at Room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips, plus more for frosting
- 1 1/2 cups 2 Reese’s Pieces, plus more for frosting
- Reese’s Minis for frosting
- 1 1/2 cups warmed creamy peanut butter
Preheat oven to 350°. Line a lightweight 9×13 cake pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set the pan aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer or the large bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.Add the eggs one at a time and continue mixing until well combined. Add the vanilla extract.
With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture to the bowl and mix until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. Stir in the chocolate chips and Reese’s pieces.
In a small saucepan, heat the peanut butter over medium heat until liquid.
Place half of the cookie dough on the baking tray lined with baking paper and spread evenly. Pour the peanut butter onto the first layer of cookie dough, spreading it evenly. Scoop up the rest of the dough with a spoon and spread it over the peanut butter layer. Using an offset spatula, gently spread the top cake layer to create an even layer.
Sprinkle with additional mini semisweet chocolate chips and Reese’s pieces.Bake until the cookie bars are lightly golden, about 30-35 minutes. Don’t overheat. The cookie bars will continue to bake and harden as they cool.
For more recipes click here!