Chocolate Peanut Peas are a crunchy, sweet and nutritious snack made from nuts and sugar-free chocolate. The clusters usually consist of a combination of dried fruits such as almonds, pecans, hazelnuts, or walnuts, coated in melted, sugar-free chocolate and allowed to cool in small clusters. Some recipes may also include shredded coconut, vanilla extract, or other ingredients to add additional flavor and texture.
- 9 ounces sugar-free chocolate chips
- ¼ cup unrefined coconut oil
- 2 cups salted mixed nuts
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil and heat in the microwave until the chocolate melts. Mix with a rubber spatula until smooth. Allow to cool slightly before use. Alternatively, this can also be done in a water bath.
- Put the nuts in the bowl with the melted chocolate. Mix until all nuts are coated in chocolate.
- Place generous spoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Make sure you space them far enough apart so they don’t touch each other.
- Refrigerate until solid.Store remaining portion in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Alternatively, you can also store them in the freezer.
For more recipes click here!