- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup maraschino cherries, lightly chopped, drained on paper towels
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix the soft butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
3.Gradually add all-purpose flour and salt to the butter mixture and stir until a dough forms.
4. Carefully add the maraschino cherries and chocolate chips to the mixture.
5. Roll out the dough into a loaf and wrap in aluminum foil.Place in the refrigerator for an hour. Then cut into slices.
6. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
For more recipes click here!