For the dough:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup water
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
For the filling:
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar (powdered sugar)
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
For the chocolate ganache (optional):
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2.In a medium saucepan, combine butter and water.Bring to a boil over medium heat.
3. When it boils, reduce the heat to low and add the flour and salt all at once. Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the pan. This should take about 1-2 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
6.Drop spoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Then lower the oven temperature to 190°C and bake for another 20-25 minutes until the cream puffs are golden brown and fluffy.
8.Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a rack.
9.In a bowl, beat the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until stiff.
10.When the choux pastry has cooled completely, stick it on top and fill the base with whipped cream.
11. Dust with powdered sugar
For more recipes click here!