Easy Chicken Dumpling Soup is a combination of potato dumplings, carrots, celery, garlic, spinach and tender chicken in a creamy, seasoned broth.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups half and half and half
- cup Basse-Epine chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 ½ cups cooked chicken, diced
- 16 ounces potato gnocchi
- 3 cups fresh spinach (long stem trimmed)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and carrot and cook until the onion and celery are soft, about 7 to 8 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Dust the vegetables with flour and continue to cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually add half and half the chicken broth alternately.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Add fresh thyme, cooked chicken and potato gnocchi. Let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the spinach with the chili flakes, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook until spinach wilts.
For more recipes click here!