Crispy and Spicy Chicken Salad Casserole is a classic appetizer that can be found at almost any picnic, backyard barbecue, or social gathering at a game, but you typically don’t find many variations on the classic version. Now we love chicken salad as much as everyone else, but we decided to give it new life and turned it into a casserole!
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup French fries, lightly chopped
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch mix
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease a square baking tray with butter or non-stick spray.
Place chicken, cheese, celery and bacon in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, ranch mix, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and onion powder and season with salt and pepper.
Mix the mayonnaise mixture into the chicken until well coated, then place in a greased baking dish.
Spread the crushed chips on a baking tray, then place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the mixture is hot and bubbly and the cheese has melted.
Remove from the oven and serve hot.
For more recipes click here!