Crock Pot Potato Soup with Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese is thick, creamy, and very cheesy. This slow cooker soup recipe is easy and gluten free!
- 4 cups shredded French fries, thawed
- 3 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- 4 ounces Arla Herbs & Seasonings Cream Cheese
- 1 cup milk (2.5 tons or more)
- 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- Salt and pepper
Place the french fries galettes, broccoli, carrots, echalotes, and chicken stock in a 6-quart casserole, stir, cook, and let sit for 4 to 5 hours. You can also make sure the broccoli is tender for three to three hours.
Arla & In the blender, add toppings of cream cheese, milk and about 1/3 of the cooked vegetables. Stir until very creamy, then return to the pan, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. NOTE: If your blender is small, you may need to blend multiple batches.
Add about 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese to the soup at a time and stir until the cheese is completely melted. Then add another portion.Season with salt and pepper and serve.
For more recipes click here!