- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ( 16-ounce bag coleslaw mix, Carrots
- 2 green onions, chopped diagonally
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cooked rice, for garnish, optional
Mix soy sauce and hoisin sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
In a large skillet or skillet over medium heat, brown the ground pork until browned.
Drain off fat if necessary.
Season with salt, pepper, ginger and chili flakes and then drizzle with sesame oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook for another 6-8 minutes until the onion is soft.
Stir in soy sauce and hoisin sauce, then add coleslaw and carrots and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes or until cabbage is wilted.
Taste and season if necessary, then remove from heat.
Serve hot with rice and garnish with chopped spring onions.
For more recipes click here!