Fleas can be a nuisance for pet owners, but they don’t necessarily require expensive treatments to get rid of them. Here is a simple and inexpensive home remedy for fleas using Dawn dish soap and table salt:
Dawn dish soap (blue variety)
1. Prepare a bath: Fill the bathtub or sink with warm water. Make sure the water level is enough to comfortably submerge your pet.
2. Bathe your pet: Place your pet in the water and wet its fur thoroughly.This creates a barrier that prevents fleas from getting into the head area.
3. Apply Dawn dish soap: Take a small amount of Dawn dish soap (blue) and lather it in your hands. Gently massage the foam into your pet’s fur, making sure it reaches all areas, including the stomach and paws. Soap suffocates and immobilizes fleas.
4. Let it work: Let the soap work on your pet’s fur for a few minutes. This gives the soap time to work on the fleas.
5. Rinse thoroughly: Rinse your pet’s fur thoroughly with clean water to remove soap.Make sure no soap residue remains on the skin.
6. Use of salt: After rinsing, dry the animal as best as possible with a towel. Then sprinkle your animal’s fur with plenty of table salt. Gently rub the salt into the fur.Salt acts as a drying agent and helps kill flea eggs.
7. Brushing and Drying: Comb your pet’s fur with a flea comb or regular pet brush to remove dead fleas and eggs. Allow your pet to air dry.
8.Repeat if necessary: Depending on the severity of your flea infestation, you may need to repeat the process every few days to ensure all fleas and eggs have been eliminated.
For more recipes click here!