- 2 eggplants
- 150 g of keto-friendly cheese (such as mozzarella or cheddar)
- 100 g of keto-friendly ham (ensure it’s free of added sugars)
- 4 eggs
- 20 g (1/4 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt (use a moderate amount)
- Almond flour (for coating)
- Crushed pork rinds (for coating, instead of breadcrumbs)
- Cooking oil for frying (choose a keto-friendly oil like avocado oil)
- Slice the eggplants and start assembling the medallions. Start with a slice of cheese on top, then a slice of ham, and place another slice of cheese on top. Make a sandwich structure with the eggplant slices.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and mix with the grated Parmesan. Season this mixture with a moderate amount of salt.
- First, dip each prepared eggplant medallion evenly into the almond flour. Then dip into the egg and parmesan mixture, making sure it is well coated.
- Finally, we sprinkle it with chopped pork skins instead of breadcrumbs. This gives it a crispy, keto-friendly crust.
- cooking oil, e.g. Heat avocado oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Carefully dip the breaded eggplant medallions into the hot oil and fry until golden brown and crispy on both sides. Be careful when tilting to avoid breaking the medallions.
- Once the medallions have reached your desired level of crispiness, remove them from the oil and place them on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
For more recipces click here!