- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 24 golden Oreo cookies, divided
- 1¼ cup strawberries, medium cubes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place half of the golden Oreo cookies in a food processor. Mix until crumbs form, add the melted butter and mix again until the crumbs are coated with the butter.
*Press the crumbs into an 8-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper (or foil if you’re out of parchment paper!).Cook for 5 minutes, remove from the mold and let cool on the work surface.
* Put the strawberries in a pot with 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of water. Bring to a boil, cover and cook until tender, 10 minutes. This should be stirred every few minutes.
* Combine lemon juice and cornstarch, stir and simmer for another minute until the mixture has thickened.Place the strawberry mixture in a food processor and process until smooth. Place in a bowl and set aside.
* Place cream cheese, sour cream, remaining sugar, vanilla and egg in a food processor.
* Mix until a smooth and homogeneous mixture is obtained. Place Oreos on top.
* Pour half of the strawberry sauce over the cheesecake. Use the rest of the sauce however you like, I like to add it to lemonade, delicious! Bake at 325 degrees for 36 minutes or until cheesecake wobbles slightly.
* Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack. Crush the remaining Oreos, sprinkle them on top and gently press them into the bars.
* Place them covered in the fridge and let them rest for at least 3 hours until you cut them into squares.
* Remove from pan and cut into squares. Serve and enjoy your food!!
For more recipes click here!