Grandma’s tried-and-tested cake is a beloved family recipe that is passed down from generation to generation. In fact, it is over 100 years old! This classic cake is buttery, flaky and simply irresistible. Whether it’s a holiday gathering, a special occasion, or just to satisfy a craving, this cake recipe is a must-have in any pastry chef’s repertoire. The origin is deeply rooted in our family’s history, making this cake not only create delicious desserts but also convey a sense of tradition and love.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 ¾ cups butter
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
1. In a large bowl, combine 4 cups all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons salt, and 3 tablespoons white sugar.
2. Add 1 ¾ cups shortening until mixture resembles large crumbs.
3.Crack 1 egg in a small bowl, then add it to the flour with 1/2 cup of water. Mix until a dough forms.
4. Divide the dough into 4 parts (this recipe will make 4 doughs). Allow to cool in the refrigerator until ready to use.
5. Roll out the chilled dough on a floured surface to fit the cake pan.
6. Fill with the filling of your choice and bake according to the cake recipe instructions.
For more recipes click here!