FOR THE ONIONS:
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
FOR THE PATTIES:
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 egg
- Spread 1/2 cup flour on a plate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup beef broth, beef stock, dry white wine, dry white vermouth, red wine or 1/4 cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped green herbs (such as parsley, chives, tarragon, etc. chervil)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons butter and the onion and cook slowly until softened but not browned, about 10 minutes. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the beef, 2 tablespoons softened butter, salt, pepper, thyme and egg in a bowl. Beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until the mixture is well blended.
- Form the mixture into 3/4 inch thick meatballs, cover and refrigerate until needed.
- When the chops are ready to bake, lightly cover the pancakes with the flour spread on a plate and shake off the excess.
- In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon butter and oil over medium heat. When they begin to foam and calm down, sear the chops to your desired temperature, about 2-3 minutes or longer per side, depending on doneness.
- Arrange the scallops on a plate and keep warm while you prepare the sauce:
Remove the fat from the pan. Add liquid (stock, wine, etc.) and bring to a boil, scraping up any residue from the bottom of the pan as the liquid reduces.Cook until almost syrupy, then turn off the heat and add half a tablespoon of butter.
- Swirl the pan to melt the butter, then add the herbs.
- Pour the sauce over the burgers and serve. Recognize!
For more recipes click here!