Hobo Dinner Foil Packets
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound new red potatoes, washed and halved
- 3 carrots, sliced or diced
- ½ white onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Colby Jack cheese, finely chopped
- Cut 4 large sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, garlic powder, salt, pepper and onion powder and stir well.
- Form four equally sized cutlets from the meat and arrange. Center of Slide
In a medium bowl, add chopped potatoes, sliced or diced carrots, chopped onions, olive oil and Italian seasoning.
- Stir all ingredients well.
- Divide potatoes and carrots evenly between all four packages.
- Lift the packs Cover the sides of the foil and fold the edges together.
- Press the ends flat and fold both edges together.
- Place the packets on the grill over medium heat or on the coals on the sides of the fire.
- Cook for 45 minutes, checking the potatoes if necessary, seal the bag and cook for another 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- When ready, open the package and add 1/2 cup of cheese to the pie.
For more recipes Click here!