- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 7 grams of dry yeast
- 1 cup of warm water
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
1.Mix yeast and sugar in a glass. Add the warm water, mix and set aside until doubled in volume.
2. In a large bowl or on a clean table, mix together the flour and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the yeast mixture.
3.Knead until a homogeneous dough forms.
4. Develop the gluten in the dough: Place the dough on a clean, floured table. Knead and tap lightly on the table until the dough breaks very thin when rolled out.
5.Place the dough in a lightly greased glass bowl, cover with a clean towel and let stand in a warm place until doubled in size.
6. Cut the bolillo dough into medium sized balls and shape each ball. To do this, flatten the balls with your hand, stretch them slightly to the sides and bring the two opposite sides to the center, stretching the corners to lengthen them.
7.Place the bolillos on a baking tray, cover with a cloth and let them ferment again until they increase in volume.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 30 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and cooked through on the inside.
9. Take out the bolillas and let them cool slightly before eating them.
For more recipes click here!