- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 ½ stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
Preheat oven to 350º F and line a 9×9-inch baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, baking powder and salt until combined.
Once combined, mix in melted butter, 1/4 cup lemon juice, eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, stirring until just incorporated.
Pour batter into lined baking dish and place in oven. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and allow to cool.
While it is cooling, stir the powdered sugar with the remaining lemon juice, zest and vanilla extract until smooth.
Pour the glaze over the cooled lemons and sprinkle with lemon peel. Recognize!
For more recipes click here!