In this article we delve into the world of homemade comfort food. We are going to discover two recipes that will surely delight your taste buds: cornbread and cabbage soup. These dishes have been improved over time, so today I’m sharing my personal recipes and tips on how to make them special.
To make the perfect cornbread you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups flour (self-rising)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 cups or more buttermilk
- 1/4 cup oil (for the pan)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Mix flour, cornstarch and oil in a bowl.
- Gradually add the buttermilk until the mixture is moist but not too runny.
- Pour 1/4 cup oil into a skillet and heat in the oven until hot.
- Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven and pour in the cornbread.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy delicious cornbread!
For more recipes click here!