Lemon Blueberry Bread is a delicious and flavorful quick bread that is perfect with a cup of coffee or tea. I love the bright flavors of blueberries and lemon and they pair so well with this simple bread.
1 ½ cups plus 1 tablespoon flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla
½ cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 ½ cups fresh or frozen Blueberries
2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup Thames powdered sugar
How To Make Lemon Blueberry Loaf
- Preheat the oven to 180°C*.
- Butter the sides and bottom of the pan.
- Sift all the dry bread ingredients together.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, add a spoonful of berry flour and gently incorporate into the
mixture. Pour the mixture into the prepared mold. Cook for 50-55 minutes. If the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is cooked.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the tin and let it cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan over low heat, add the powdered sugar and lemon juice, mix and allow to dissolve. Let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Using a toothpick, poke holes all over the bread, top and sides.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the top and sides with the lemon syrup.
Allow to harden for 15 minutes before serving
For more recipes click here!