If you’re wondering if this treat is as good as it looks, tell me: it is! I’ve made a few different “butter cake” recipes over the years, and while I’ve enjoyed them all, I’ve never been obsessed with it until this one. Lemon Butter Cake. It’s a simple cake with simple cream cheese frosting, but somehow it transforms into something absolutely heavenly. It’s juicy, rich and full of lemon flavor.I can’t stress enough that you really should make this recipe as quickly as possible.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 lemons, grated and juiced
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Butter a 9-inch round cake pan and dust with flour.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mix butter, sugar and salt until creamy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, making sure each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next.
- Mix the lemon zest and mayonnaise until well combined, then slowly add the flour, stirring constantly. Stop mixing when the mixture is fully incorporated. (Be careful not to overmix!) Add the lemon juice.
- Spread the dough on a baking tray and bake for 40-45 minutes until the center springs back when pressed with a finger.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 10-12 minutes and place in a baking dish and turn it over.
- Serve warm or completely cold!
For more recipes click here!