When it comes to making a delicious cake that stands out from the rest, Maraschino cherry cake takes center stage. This delicious dessert is not only visually appealing but also tempts your taste buds with its unique flavor profile. In this article, we’ll delve into the art of making the perfect maraschino cherry pie with a handy chart that lists all the necessary ingredients. So let’s start this wonderful pastry journey!
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup maraschino cherries (chopped)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven: Start by preheating the oven to 175°C (350°F). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans or prepare them with parchment paper to make removing the cake easier.
- Prepare the dry ingredients: In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. This step ensures that all dry ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Creamed Butter and Sugar: In a separate large bowl, stir together the softened unsalted butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.Use an electric mixer on medium speed for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla: Beat in the eggs one at a time, making sure each one is well blended before adding the next. Then add vanilla extract for a delicious taste.
- Alternate wet and dry ingredients: Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk. Start and end with dry ingredients.Mix until smooth, avoiding overmixing.
- Add maraschino cherries: Carefully add the chopped maraschino cherries to the batter and distribute evenly.
- Bake perfectly: Divide the dough evenly between the prepared cake tins. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool and Frost: After baking, allow the cakes to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.Top with your favorite cream cheese frosting or whipped cream and garnish with additional maraschino cherries.
- Tips for an irresistible CHERRY MARASCHINO CAKE
- To make the cake even moister, brush the baked layers with a little maraschino cherry syrup before glazing.
- For a change, you can replace half of the buttermilk with sour cream.
- Make sure the maraschino cherries are well drained and dried before adding them to the mixture to avoid excess moisture.
For more recipes click here!