- 5 pounds Sierra Gold or red potatoes, diced with peel
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt plus
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/3 cups milk, Heat
- Add the potatoes, water and butter to the slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over high heat for 4 hours.
- Do not remove excess water from the slow cooker. This contributes to the creamy texture.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or electric mixer, adding the right amount of warm milk until you get a creamy consistency.
- Keep warm over low heat until serving.
- Potatoes retain their firmness for several hours after pureeing. Simply leave the lid on the slow cooker and serve straight from it.
For more recipes click here!