The Woolworth Icebox No-Bake Cheesecake is a classic recipe that gained popularity in the 1960s and is inspired by the cheesecake sold at Woolworths lunch counters. This recipe is known for its simplicity and delicious taste and the best part is that it requires no cooking. Here is the recipe for Woolworth Icebox No-Bake Cheesecake:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherries filled with Shortcrust pastry (or any flavor)
1. In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Mix until crumbs are evenly coated.
2. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan to form a crust.Put aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
4. Gradually add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the cream cheese and continue beating until well combined.
5. In another bowl, beat the cream until it becomes creamy.
6. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cheese mixture until completely combined.
7.Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the graham cracker crust in the baking dish.
8. Pour the cherry pie filling over the cream cheese layer and spread it out evenly.
9. Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the cheesecake to set.
10. Once cooled and firm, cut into squares or rectangles and serve cold.
For more recipes click here!