Nugart Bars just 3 ingredient
These gummy nougat candies taste of nostalgia and Christmas past. And I love her. They are sweet, soft, chewy and delicious. And very easy to do. Make a batch and share them with friends, give them as gifts and make sure you have them on your Christmas plate!Who knew marshmallows + white chocolate chips = chewy, delicious nougat? And with festive red and green gummy bears, this makes a perfect Christmas gift.
I love that this treat doesn’t need to be baked and can be made in just a few minutes. All you have to do is melt some butter, mini marshmallows and white chocolate chips and then add the chopped gummy bears.Then spread it out into a parchment paper lined pan.
CHRISTMAS GUMDROP NOUGAT CANDY RECIPE TIP
The mixture is pretty sticky, so a little trick I use is to lightly grease a small square of parchment paper then use that to spread and pat the mixture down. Put it in the fridge for a few hours (overnight is best) to set…it needs to be completely cooled to cut it.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 bags white chocolate chips (2 of the 225 gram bags)
- 2 bags of mini marshmallows (2 of the 250 gram bags)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red and green gumdrops (see notes below for where to buy them)
- Prepare an 8×8 square baking dish by lining it with parchment paper.
- Cut the gumdrops in half.Put aside.
- Melt butter, white chocolate chips and marshmallows over indirect heat. To do this, I create a water bath by placing a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water (making sure the bowl and pot fit together well).
- This will ensure the mixture doesn’t burn.
- Stir the mixture constantly until it is smooth and melted. Be careful not to boil the mixture. The goal is to simply melt them and not cook them.Avoid heat.
- Let cool for about 2 minutes.
- Add the gummy bears. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.The mixture will be very sticky, so I use a lightly oiled piece of parchment paper to spread and spread the mixture around the pan.
- Store in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before cutting, preferably overnight.
- Cut into 60 small pieces.
- To store the candy, use parchment paper between layers to keep the candy from sticking.
- Have fun!