The perfect recipe for an old-fashioned buttermilk chocolate cake that’s so moist your guests will think it came from a bakery!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp.Vinegar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Half & Half (if required)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour two 9-inch cake pans. Line the bottom of the mold with baking paper.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and beat until creamy.Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the melted chocolate.
- Mix four of them in another bowl and add salt. Add the buttermilk-chocolate mixture alternately. Mix with vanilla.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the baking soda in the vinegar. Slowly add it to the chocolate mixture. Mix until well combined. Don’t mix too much.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.Allow to cool in the molds for 10 minutes and then remove from the molds. Place on a rack and allow to cool completely before freezing.
In a large bowl, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Slowly add sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well between additions. Mix with chocolate and vanilla. If necessary, thin the glaze with 1 or 2 teaspoons. half and half.
For more recipes click here!