20 minutes on, 1 hour off to prepare portion 36
- 6 cups powdered sugar, plus more if needed
- 1/2 cup russet potatoes, mashed and cooled (about 1 large potato)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat mashed potato, milk, vanilla, and salt with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Mix in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until a dough has formed. Once you’ve added in 6 cups, if you need more, add in 1 tablespoon increments. Dough should be thick, slightly thicker than cookie dough.
- Form dough into a ball and dust with powdered sugar.On a sheet of wax or parchment paper, roll out the dough into a 1/4-inch-thick rectangle.
- Cut to 10 x 12 inches.
- Sprinkle the dough generously with powdered sugar and place another piece of baking paper on top. Turn the dough rectangle over and remove the paper that is now on top (the one you used to roll out the dough).
- Spread the peanut butter evenly over the dough.Roll dough tightly long-side to long-side using parchment paper to guide it, jelly-roll style.
- Wrap in parchment and freeze for 1 hour. Cut into 1/4-inch thick slices and serve.
- Enjoy! Leftover candy should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
For more recipes click here!