- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon dry coffee mustard
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black Pepper
- 1/2 cup raw, long-grain white rice
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Grated cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- In a pan with olive oil, add onions, peppers, garlic, ground beef, dried mustard, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook until the ground beef is browned, stirring to ensure the meat breaks down.
- Add rice and tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes and juice, water and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the lid and mash with a fork. If the mixture is creamy or moist, cook uncovered for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese if desired.
For more recipes click here!