I make a confession: I hated peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. As a child I never liked them and always chose something else in my lunch box. However, my perspective changed when I tried peanut butter and jelly blonde. The soft, chewy texture and the perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors completely won me over. I was immediately intrigued by it and knew I had to share this recipe with others.
If you’re a fan of peanut butter and jelly, this recipe is for you. Not only is it a unique twist on a classic childhood favorite, but it’s also incredibly easy to make. Plus, the results are absolutely delicious. Whether you’re craving a sweet treat or need a dessert for a party, these peanut butter and jelly blondies will not disappoint.
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup your favorite jelly (we use strawberry or grape jelly)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt until well combined.
3.In another bowl, stir together peanut butter, melted butter, and brown sugar until smooth and creamy.
4. Add egg and vanilla extract to peanut butter mixture and mix well.
5. Add the flour little by little until you get a smooth dough.
6. Spread the dough evenly in the prepared pan.
7. Place portions of strawberry jelly on the cake and then press the jelly into the cake with a knife.
8.Bake the blondies for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Let the blondies cool in the tin for 10-15 minutes and then remove them from the tin using the baking paper.
10. Cut the blondes into 9-12 squares and serve.
For more recipes click here!