If there’s anything better than a good cookie, it’s a good, easy-to-make cookie. Stored cookies are used here. They assemble in a snap and require no rolling or cutting. Although some may miss perfectly round buttermilk biscuits, the height and flavor of drop biscuits more than make up for it. This recipe uses cheddar cheese and dried rosemary for a flavor that brings a whole new level of elegance to the table.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 /2 cup (4 tablespoons) cold butter, diced
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 cup cheese, rosemary, garlic powder, baking powder, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Using a pastry cutter or two forks, cut butter into dry ingredients until crumbs form. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the buttermilk until the dough just holds together.
- Place 1/4 cup on a greased or paper-lined baking sheet.Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until top is golden brown.
For more recipes click here!