- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can hot water
- 1 package pasta (egg)
- 2 (14 cans) sauerkraut, very well drained
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups grated Swiss cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 9×13 pan and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add ground beef, onion, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper. Fry the hamburger and sauté the onion until translucent.
- Prepare egg tagliatelle according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, drain the cabbage and pour it into the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Then pour the drained (but not rinsed) egg tagliatelle onto the layer of sauerkraut and brown sugar and then onto the hamburger mixture.
- In another bowl, mix 1 can of warm water with 2 cans of tomato soup. Mix until mixture is smooth.Pour in the burger mixture, making sure the soup reaches the corners of the pan. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30-45 minutes, until cheese is golden brown and bubbles form around the edges. Reserve 5 minutes before serving.
For more recipes click here!