Slow Cooker Beef Tips are absolutely delicious and full of flavor. This simple recipe will help you bring comforting and delicate dishes to the table with minimal prep and cooking time, allowing you to do other things at the same time.
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 8 ounces Baby Bella, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sirloin steak, cut into strips, trimmed of excess fat
- Salt and garlic; Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup dry red wine + some to decarb
- 2 ½ cups fat-free beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch + ¼ cup cold water, mixed well
Place the onions and mushrooms in the bottom of a 4.5-quart slow cooker.
Next, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the steak strips generously with salt and pepper, place them in the hot pan and brown the meat on all sides for about 3 minutes; not cook.
Place the meat in the slow cooker on top of the vegetables.
Pour a few spoonfuls of red wine into the hot pan and scrape the bottom to remove any browned bits of meat. Add them to the pot.
Pepper the meat a second time and add Worcestershire sauce, red wine and beef broth. Cover and cook over low heat for 6-8 hours.
Remove the lid and slowly add the cornstarch and water mixture.Cover and cook over high heat for another 45 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
Serve the beef ends with brown rice (photo), buttered egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
For more recipes click here!