- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pounds boneless beef roast
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 pound egg noodles, cooked 1 minute less than package instructions
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for serving (optional).
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over high heat. Season the roast generously with salt and pepper and sear the meat on all sides for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Place the roast in the slow cooker and add the onions, mushrooms and garlic.
- Combine beef broth, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and thyme and add to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 8 hours.
- Remove the roast and separate it with two forks.
- Return the meat to the slow cooker along with the egg noodles and sour cream and stir. Cover and cook over high heat for 15 minutes.
- Taste, serve and enjoy!
For more recipes click here!