- 5 cups oyster crackers
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Spread the crackers evenly on the baking tray. Put aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter and brown sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 2 teaspoons cinnamon and vanilla. Pour over crackers and mix with a rubber spatula until evenly coated.
- Cook until the mixture begins to foam, about 10 minutes.
- While the crackers are baking, mix in the granulated sugar, remaining teaspoon of cinnamon and salt. Put aside.
- After removing the crackers from the oven, sprinkle them with the cinnamon-sugar mixture and allow the crackers to cool. Once cooled, break into pieces, serve and enjoy!
For more recipes click here!