A family favorite, this delicious taco pizza is made with crescent dough and simple ingredients. It’s also quick and easy; You can make this hearty meal in 30 minutes or less!
- 2 jars (8 ounces) refrigerated croissants
- 1 package (8 ounces) soft cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1-2 bags or 2-4 tablespoons taco seasoning, to taste
- 1 medium tomato , chopped
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- optional: avocado, taco sauce, hot sauce, black beans
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Roll out the dough into a crescent shape and place it on a large, ungreased baking tray. Pinch the perforations to seal them. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
While the croissants are baking, stir in the cream cheese and sour cream.Remove lumps with a whisk. Put aside.
Fry the minced meat and drain. Optionally add a can of drained black beans if you want more protein. Add taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water.Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes.
After baking, remove the crescent-shaped pizza from the oven and let it cool for 3 to 5 minutes. Spread the sour cream and cream cheese mixture on the croissants. Sprinkle the ground meat mixture evenly on top, followed by lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and other toppings of your choice.
Cut into portions and serve immediately or refrigerate later for a cold taco pizza.
For more recipes click here!