An easy, family-friendly broccoli salad recipe with crispy bacon, onions, sliced almonds, dried cranberries, and a light, simple four-ingredient dressing. This broccoli salad takes about 10-15 minutes to prepare and is perfect for lunches, family gatherings, and pool parties.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/3 pounds broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 8 slices bacon chopped, cooked until crispy
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sugar, apple cider vinegar and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, bacon, onions, cranberries and almonds.
- Pour the dressing over the top and toss to coat. Before serving, cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours. Mix again just before serving.
- Replace sliced almonds with sunflower seeds, pine nuts, or chopped pecans.
- Add 2/3 cup grated or very finely diced sharp cheddar cheese.
- If you like sweets, add a spoonful of sugar to the sauce.
- Replace the raisins with sweetened dried cranberries.
- Dress the sauce with mayonnaise and prepare the honey mustard vinaigrette.
- Add 1 cup seedless grapes, halve them, or use in place of dried cranberries.
- For extra flavor, add 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, or be bold and add 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese.
- Reduce the amount of broccoli by half and replace it with finely chopped cauliflower.
For more recipes click here!