- For the mascarpone filling:
- 1 1/2 cups mascarpone
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 cup cream
For the coffee mixture “Steep”:
- 1 1/2 cups espresso or strong coffee, chilled
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur (optional)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Sponge cake 24-30 (Ladyfingers)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder for sprinkling
1. In a shallow bowl, combine espresso or brewed coffee, coffee liqueur (if using), and 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Let cool down.
2.In a mixing bowl, stir together mascarpone, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and vanilla extract until well blended and smooth.
3.In another bowl, beat the egg yolks until light.
4. Gently add the beaten egg yolks to the mascarpone mixture until fully combined.
5. In another bowl, beat the cream until stiff.
6. Gently fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture until you have a smooth, creamy filling. Keep it soft to maintain the light texture.
7. Quickly dip each sponge cake into the coffee mixture. Be careful not to let them soak for too long, a small dip is enough to moisten them.
8. Arrange a layer of soaked ladyfingers in the bottom of a serving plate or individual dessert cups.
9.Spread half of the mascarpone filling over the cookies.
10. Repeat with another layer of soaked sponge cake and remaining mascarpone filling.
11.Cover the tiramisu and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. This allows the flavors to combine and the dessert to set.
12.Sprinkle the tiramisu with bitter cocoa powder before serving.
13.Serve the homemade tiramisu cold and enjoy the creamy deliciousness and the aroma of the coffee.
For more recipes click here!