Pecan desserts are a southern tradition. From adding them to layered desserts to making them the stars of the show in cakes and pies, pecans are a classic addition to so many different desserts. Over the years, I’ve put pecans in all kinds of recipes.
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 sticks butter (room temperature)
- 5 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 T full fat buttermilk (room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pound cake extract
- 2 cups toasted pecans
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 ounces butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 teaspoons half and half
- Mix the butter with the sugar until fluffy (approx. 3-7 minutes).
- Slowly add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the flavors.
- Add the flour and milk.
- Start with the flour and end with the flour.
- Mix Pour into a greased
- pan with chopped pecans.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Check after 45 minutes. Mine was ready after an hour.
- Insert a toothpick into the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out with the cake in it, leave the cake in there for the entire baking time.
- The toothpick must come out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Then place on a plate with the cake.
- Remember to cover the dough to prevent the dough from drying out. A properly fitting cake pan is ideal.
For more recipes click here!